Guy's Pharmacy Sterile Compounding: Quality and Peace of Mind
In the pharmaceutical field, sterile doesn't simply mean clean. Sterile is an exacting standard, a strict list of environmental conditions set out by our industry's ruling body, the United States Pharmacopeial Convention. Simply put, sterile is your assurance of safety and quality.
Guy's Pharmacy offers you a variety of customized sterile medications, including:
- Ophthalmics, such as eye drops & ointments
- Home Infusion Services
Sterile Compounding: Strict Policies and Procedures
These medications are compounded in our specially designed and constructed Clean Room. In this environment, Guy's Pharmacy's skilled pharmacists and pharmacy technicians prepare your medications according to USP Chapter <797>, the regulatory standard for the compounding of sterile pharmaceutical preparations. These procedures include:
- Lab testing of finished products, both in-house and independently
- Monitoring with environmental microbiology sampling
- Monitoring the particle count of the sterile environment
- Proper cleaning and maintenance routines
- Routine outside certification of our laminar flow hood
- Routine testing of our pharmacy staff's sterile technique
- Proper staff grooming and gowning before entering critical sterile areas
Sterile Compounding: A Measure of Our Commitment
Maintaining a sterile environment requires a constant, ongoing commitment to quality and safety. This is the commitment Guy's Compounding Pharmacy makes to you. Please contact us to learn more about Guy's Pharmacy sterile compounding.